Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Everyday Life - Awesome Bar Trick: Flaming Dr. Pepper - The bartender made it wrong.

This first time I have ever seen anything like the Flaming Dr. Pepper was in the movie "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell." The bartender lines up 10 glasses of beer, with a shot glass on top in between, he then blows fire across and pushed all the shot glass into the beer. I wanted to see this. And I got the chance to when I went to Sixth Street in Austin, TX.


If the shot is made correctly, it should take exactly like a Dr. Pepper. Even though this one was decent, it didn't taste like Dr. Pepper. This shot was purely for show. Here's what she did wrong, no matter how cool it looked.

  • She used Bud Light instead of Corona. The quality and taste just wasn't there.
  • The moment the shots were lit on fire, they went straight into the beer. The whole purpose of lighting it on fire is to caramelize the Amaretto, making it sweeter. That takes about 10 to 15 seconds. So basically, all she did was pour Amaretto into Bud Light.  
I know this because I have made this drink for a friend's birthday, and it was delicious. Although buying a whole bottle of Barcardi 151 did get me in trouble.

Here's my channel. Please subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX68-kpeOTUjzQd4wir6c7g

Here's my twitter, follow if you want.
https://www.twitter.com/SCStalkerz

No comments:

Post a Comment